- About Africa Maintenance Equipment
About Africa Maintenance Equipment
Africa Maintenance Equipment (AME) is a specialist supplier of engineering tools and equipment in the maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) product groupings for mining, industry, power generation, municipalities, and state-owned enterprises.
Africa Maintenance Equipment (AME) is the exclusive distributor of Man-Dirk’s products and services in the mining sector and leverages off Man-Dirk's massive buying power and highly effective supply chain efficiencies which are achieved through the consolidated economies of scale. Accessible to AME is the extensive product range, e-catalogues capability, IT network, distribution capabilities and highly experienced staff that have enabled AME to deliver fit for use industrial products at the right time, at competitive pricing directly to customer operations.
AME is a BBBEE Level 2 Exempt Micro Enterprise (EME) with 30% local host community ownership and a combined black ownership of 51.5%. Man-Dirk has appointed AME as Enterprises and Supplier development beneficiaries and provides business mentorship and technical skills transfer aimed at mitigating any risks associated with local procurement capability.
AME has branches with local partners in Mooinooi, Rustenburg, Thabazimbi and Lephalale. There are plans to expand this network to Limpopo, Mpumalanga and the Northern Cape.
The AME distribution chain has captured significant market share in its target markets, holding contracts with major mining companies.
AME's value proposition includes integrated supply chain solutions that are based on “Total Cost of Ownership” (TCO) principles, and are customised to client's needs.
Strategic Driving Force
The driving force of the AME is Customer Sought. Specifically, the type of customers that AME will seek to do business with are characterised by the following:
Large national and international businesses operating in the resources, industrial, energy, logistics and infrastructure/construction sectors.
- Customers that have formal supply chain competence that prescribes to the concept and value of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) principles.
- Customers that understand the benefits of having partnership-based, contractual arrangements with their suppliers including e-commerce based requisitioning and trading.
- The benefits of specified quality, based on fit-for-use and value-for-quality products.
- The benefits of continuous improvement
- Customers that require a broad range of Maintenance, Repair and Operating (MRO) products
- Customers that use and/or train pools of engineering skilled artisan labour
- Customers that use Project Engineers
- Customers who are ethical in their dealings with suppliers
Areas of Excellence
To do what the AME companies do quickly, efficiently and consistently requires the group to be a supply chain expert supported by business intelligence and information technology.
The AME companies have to be customer service orientated and AME aims to be known to their customers as a high-performance company with competitive pricing across a broad product range and efficient service offering.